Friday, March 18, 2011

Japan... the tragedy.

I'm sure you've all heard about Japan and its recent earthquake slash tsunami. And the nuclear reactor explosions. *sighs* Sad news, ne.

For those of you that don't know, Tokyo had a 8.9 (or 8.8, according to SE Asia news) earthquake, and the death count is still rising. The people who've not lost their lives have lost their homes and all their properties. On top of that, there were nuclear reactor explosions in Fukushima. There will be radiation.

This is probably going to sound obscenely selfish of me, but I was probably going to go to Hokkaido at the end of this year/summer if it weren't for these happenings. Now... *sigh* There aren't even going to be any sashimi for me 'cause of the radiation. No Jap food *cries* Most Japanese food products in supermarkets in Hong Kong got snatched up in mere hours. People were pushing and shoving to stock up their Jap food as there probably won't be any in a long time because of the radiation.

Mangakas! Hopefully, all of them are safe and sound! No mangakas equal to no manga. . . . See the importance? Tite Kubo (Bleach), Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto), Hiromu Arakawa (FMA), Hiro Mashima (Fairy Tail), Akira Amano (KHR), Hideaki Sorachi (Gintama), and a lot of others have been confirmed alive and safe (thank goodness).

However . . . I haven't seen anything on the net about Ito Ogure (Air Gear) yet and there hasn't been a new chapter of Air Gear since last, last week, I believe (a long time ago anyway). No Takeshi Konomi (Prince of Tennis and New Prince of Tennis) either. And my two favourite mangakas, Takeshi Obata and Tsugumi Ohba, I still haven't found anything on them yet! D: If anyone knows otherwise, please do comment! I really want to know if the genii of Death Note are safe!

Anyway, try and help in any way possible; whether it be donating, praying, sending items for relief, buying the Japanese yen--it doesn't matter! Do try to help, extend a helping hand to Japan. Half the country has been wrecked, and now there's radiation.

I've been folding paper cranes (as well as donating) recently. I'd try to fold a thousand and make a wish, but sadly, I don't have that much paper, or that much space to put them. See the picture up there? Those are some of the cranes me and my friend folded from magazines (:

I know this post is kind of late for Japan, but better late than never, eh?

Hope. Believe.

'Taku out!

No comments:

Post a Comment